It’s the last day of 2014 and I’m sitting here in the Dominican Republic reflecting back on my past 365 days. It’s been a year of change. A year of pain, sorrow, excitement, happiness, new perspective and many blessings. One year ago I was in the north of Sweden and it had been 10 days since I found out about my friend’s suicide. I was a mess – I couldn’t eat, sleep or think. I thought I was going mad. I had the most horrible nightmares and I couldn’t stop but to think of people hanging themselves. Not a great start of a new year to say the least.
As I came back to Paris, where I was living, I became more and more uncomfortable where I was. I left work many times because I simply couldn’t be there. It reminded me of my friend (who was also a colleague) and also of the fact that I wasn’t where I was meant to be. I was screaming on the inside. The reminder of that I was at the wrong place and in the wrong city kept coming back and when I left work for perhaps the 5th time in tears, I knew the situation was unsustainable. I wouldn’t be mad to leave, but I would definitely be mad if I stayed.
So changes took place. I quit my job, I traveled a lot (South of France, Monaco, Spain, London, Prague and New York), I challenged myself in all areas of my life to build myself up again. Not just to where I had been but towards the path I was meant to go. And I was smiling again. Genuinely this time. I was so happy that my dad thought I was on drugs or depressed (not sure how that makes sense). The day I left work I dreamt that I was flying and kissing dolphins. Lol. I felt so liberated – I had set myself free.
During the fall I went to New York and I started a business. That had been what I’d longed to do. Step by step, I will make my dream happen. It’s a long way to there – I need a US visa and my business to generate income but I’m determined to make it happen.
Just as I made a list of what I did in 2014, here’s my list for what I want to happen in 2015:
– Overcome more fears
– Have my business flourish
– Meet the love of my life
– Develop my inner connection
– Never let something negative take up more than one day
– Help people become happier
– Meet more inspirational people
– Travel to South America
– Like more posts on Instagram
– Show people that I care more often, even if they didn’t ask me for help
– Judge people less
– Forgive more
– Stop caring about what others will think
– Have my hair back to normal (lost half of it during the difficult period in December)
– Win the green card lottery
– Live in New York
– Meet a dear friend who’s living in Canada
– Spend lots of time with family and friends
– Get more positive and energetic
– Have many awesome and unpredictable days and nights
– Tap into unknown skills
– Go to Envision festival in Costa Rica
– Be more trusting, forgiving, positive, laughing, flexible, tolerant and smiling
– Love more